Strength of the Wolf
Keepers of the Dark
Soon after the Brethren War ended in Pittsburgh, a pack of four Bone Shadows arrived and laid claim to the North Side, calling themselves the Keepers of the Dark. They claimed that there was considerable power — and considerable evil — in the Shadow there, and that it must not remain unguarded.
- Death’s Howl is the first of the pack’s two Ithaeur.
- Bone-Caster is the second of the pack’s two Ithaeur.
- Vivan of the Three-Fold Death is the pack’s Elodoth. She is the only member of the pack most other Forsaken deal with regularly.
- Gazali Deathseeker is the pack’s Rahu.
The totem for the Keepers of the Dark is a rattlesnake spirit called Rattles-in-the-Dark.
The Keepers of the Dark claim the North Side. They believe their territory is filled with grave dangers in the Shadow. Principally:
- It is very close to the Wound.
- It contains “the Dark Place,” now the North Shore. A number of terrible stories revolve around it as a place of terrible evil.
- The National Aviary sits on the site of a former Civil War military prison.
- A number of ghost stories come out of their territory.